Hopefully can see the following feature (my wish list)
- utilizes the power of multi-core processors by performing tasks in separate threads, this includes: Game Updating, Physics Calculations, Data Loading and Sound Processing
- separating the Data Loading from the Game Updating which allows for smooth gameplay while travelling through vast areas of virtual worlds (loaded into the memory earlier in a background thread)
- Support for unlimited sized worlds
- Editing heightmaps, material and color painting
- Precalculating terrain ambient occlusion
- Placing objects with custom class and parameters, decals and foliage
- Setting walkable areas
- Creating lakes and rivers (drag and pull?)
- Previewing game from inside the editor
- Unsaved data recovery
- Undo support
- Multi-core optimized
DirectX 9/10/11 and OpenGL Support?
- DirectX 10 - Enables Alpha To Coverage
- DirectX 10.1 - Enables Multi-sampling in Deferred Renderer
- DirectX 11 - Enables Realtime Tesselation
More Rendering Options?
- Forward Rendering - for simple scenes with small amount of lights (perfectly only 1 directional light).
- Deferred Rendering - for complex scenes with big amount of lights.
Better Anti-Aliasing methods?
- Multi-Sampling (utilizing hardware anti-aliasing)
- Super-Sampling (performs anti-aliasing by rendering to a bigger sized viewport and then downsampling the content to the target viewport)
- Edge Softening (a fake anti-aliasing method, it increases the image quality by blurring the object edges.
Analytical Anti-Aliasing, works by reconstructing the edges from the rendered image)
Better Shader and Custom Shader?
- Flat, Normal, Parallax and Relief Bump Mapping
- Light Blooming, Glow
- Volumetric Lighting
- Volumetric Clouds, Layered Clouds
- Sub-Surface Scattering
- Grass and Trees Bending Animation
- Water (Ocean, Lake, Rivers)
- Sun (with Sun Rays)?
- Sky (Atmospheric Sky or Skybox)
- Particles (Fire, Explosions, Blood, …), Laser, Electricity
- Mesh Highlighting and Outlining
- 3D Holographic Images
- Screen Color Transformations
- 2D Effects (Subtitles Effect, Ripple, Image Fading, Wave, Radial Blur, Smooth Fading between screens)
Support for Networking?
- UDP / TCP Sockets (Based on RakNet?)
- Compression of Int, UInt, Flt, Angle values
- Compression of File Names even to 1 Byte
- Reliable TCP based Connection Class with Data Boundary Management and Encryption
- Fast UDP based Connection Class
- Connection Server Class for Automatic Management of Client Connections on the Server